Auction Frequently Asked Questions
Do I need an account to place a bid? Yes, this is an online auction only. You will be prompted to sign up for an account when you first try to place a bid. Click “Login” and then “Create Account" to create your account with a username and password. Your information will not be shared or sold.
- How does bidding work? On each item’s page you can see the current bid, the time the bidding ends, and how many bids have been placed. We recommend that you bid the highest amount you are comfortable with, so as to reduce the risk of being outbid. Note that “Automatic bidding” is not a feature of this auction, so whatever bid you place that is over the bid increment, will be the new price of the item. Bidding increments for the Edward Thomas auction are $50. Auction end times are staggered so that all items do not end at the same time.
- Will I be notified if someone outbids me? Yes, you will be notified by email if you are outbid. We recommend that you bid the highest amount you are comfortable with, so as to reduce the risk of being outbid. Note that “Automatic bidding” is not a feature of this auction, so whatever bid you place that is over the bid increment, will be the new price of the item.
- Can I cancel a bid? All bids are binding. Please only place a bid if you are serious about buying the item.
- If I have questions about the item who can I contact? You can reach us at email@example.com. Please put “Auction Question” in the subject line as we receive many emails at this email address. Please do not call the store with auction questions.
- How do I know if I win an item? When the auction closes, you will be notified by email if you are the winner.
- How do I pay for an item if I win? After you are notified that you won an item, please set up payment and shipping information, if applicable. You may also opt to pick up at the store during regular business hours.
- How long do I have to pay for an item if I win? Please pay for your items within 48 hours of notification.
- How does shipping work? We offer free shipping on all auction items within the continental U.S. You may also opt to pick up at the store during regular business hours.
- What is the return policy? All sales are final. Returns are only accepted if you received the wrong item, or it was damaged in transit.
- Will there be more Edward Thomas artwork auctioned in the future? At this time we are unable to guarantee that there will be additional works by Edward Thomas for sale. Auction participants will be notified if additional pieces become available.
- Can I see the items in person? Yes, you can come to the shop during regular business hours if you would like to see any of the items in person.